500 Auburn Folsom Rd #330A
Auburn, California 95603
Auburn Pediatric Dentist
When you make Make A Smile your child’s dental office, we focus on smile-related details. Our pediatric dentist make sure each pediatric patient has healthy dental routines, healthy gums and teeth.
Pediatric Dentistry Importance
A child first develops their first tooth between 6 and 12 months. It is important to start your child off with proper dental care. Starting dental care will help your child’s development of healthy teeth, a normal jaw and the ability the chew and speak properly. As your child’s teeth come in, good dental habits are crucial. We work with parents and children to develop proper oral health routines that will last a lifetime. Our kids dentists teach our patients the proper way to brush, floss and proper diet to keep your smile bright and clean between dental office checkups.
Make A Smile Pediatric Dentistry Services:
Pulpotomy/Stainless Steel Crown
Extraction and Space Maintainer
If you are interested in setting up an appointment with our pediatric dentist contact us or set up an appointment online in our Auburn office.
If your child has problems such as thumb sucking crossbites, protrusion, crowding, or late loss of baby teeth, your child may benefit from braces. If you believe your child needs orthodontic needs try to schedule an orthodontist appointment no later than 7 years old.
Treatment Options for Children:
An orthodontist will add these small metal, ceramic or gold brackets that adhere to the tooth. Ligatures or bands are then attached to the brackets to guide the teeth to the correct position. Make A Smile offers ceramic and metal braces.
Align created a clear plastic brace with changeable trays or aligners custom made for each patient. This treatment is regularly used for teenagers and adults with mild orthodontic problems. A new set will be constructed every two weeks for the orthodontic patient.
- Separators – are small elastic rings, inserted between teeth, used to push the molars apart for 1 to 2 weeks at a time.
- Elastics – rubber bands used to created pressure to improve the fit of your teeth.
- Herbst Appliance – is used to help correct overbite or underbite.
- Headgear – is used to use the skull as an anchor point in moving dental bones and teeth.
- Palatal Expander – applies light pressure to the palate or teeth to help widen the upper jaw.
- Holding Appliances – used in children to maintain space while waiting for permanent teeth to come in.
- Thumb/Tongue Cribs – a device used to help stop patients from harmful finger/thumb sucking or distortion of dental palate and arches and undesirable movement of teeth.
If you are interested in setting up an appointment with our pediatric orthodontist contact us or set up an appointment online.
A good oral hygiene routine is important to be taught at a young age from our pediatric dentist. Make A Smile children’s dental group does everything to make sure our children’s smiles are given the tools and skills to make a healthy smile.
Our prevention plan of attack:
- Bi-annual cleanings and exams
- Fluoride treatments
- Early cavity detection
- Preliminary orthodontic planning
Four steps for a healthy smile
- Brush in the morning and evening
- Floss once a day
- Eat healthy, Keep sugars to a minimum
- Change your toothbrush every 6 months
If you are interested in setting up an appointment with our childrens dentist contact us or set up an appointment online.
Make A Smile Pediatric dentist & Orthodontist, offer kids oral surgery services to extract wisdom teeth to ensure better dental health. As your wisdom teeth come in, a kids dentist may suggest to extract the tooth to avoid problems for the rest of your kids teeth.
What are wisdom teeth?
During a child’s teen years, most develop wisdom teeth, which are a third set of molars that may grow in during your late teen years. Sometimes your jaw grows big enough to accommodate the extra teeth. Majority of the time, wisdom teeth grow in impacted and do not break through the gums. Impacted wisdom teeth involves the removal of the teeth by a children’s oral surgeon.
Make A Smile kids doctors recommend wisdom teeth extraction as early as a diagnosis is made. We will work with you and your child to determine the necessity of extracting your kids wisdom teeth. This routine procedure can range from an hour to an hour and a half and usually involves the administration of anesthesia.
Other Oral Surgery Services
- TMJ – symptoms includes clicking sounds, pain grinding or a misaligned bite. Treatment takes time to be effective, so early detection of these problems is crucial
- Bone Graft – Small bone defects can use synthetic or replacement materials to be used for bone regeneration. Large bone grafts requires the patients own bone for bone regeneration.
- Implants – An adequate jaw bone is need to support the implant. Your oral surgeon or dentist can determine if this procedure is right for you.
If you are interested in setting up an appointment with our pediatric oral surgeon contact us or set up an appointment online.
Auburn Pediatric Dental Services
Oral Surgery: Temporo-mandibular Joint Disorders, Surgical Extractions, Wisdom Teeth, Oral Pathology, Cyst Removal, Bone Graft, Expose and Bond and Implants.
Pediatric Dental Treatments: Sealants, X-rays, Diagnodent, Dental Filling, Fluoride, Crowns, Root Canal, and Tooth Extraction.
Orthodontics: Braces, Retainers and Invisalign.
Auburn Children’s Dentist Office
Auburn Dentist Office Address :
Make A Smile Dental
500 Auburn Folsom Rd #330A
Auburn, CA 95603
We serve all of this Auburn zip codes: 95603, 95604, 95722
We serve all of the Auburn Neighborhoods : Cedar Brook, Windsor Forest, Auburn University, Windway, Willow Creek Farms
We also serve: Carmichael, Meadow Vista